As more and more Americans cut their ties with cable, video streaming services are popping up left and right. Netflix may still have the most subscribers, but networks from ABC to CBS have launched streaming services to keep up with the times. Then, there are services like Sling TV and YouTube TV that offer impressive alternatives to live streaming. With many US households subscribing to three or four video streaming services concurrently, bundles are becoming ever more fashionable. Video-on-demand streaming services, like Amazon Prime Video, offer bundles in the form of additional channels for a nominal fee. But the most notorious streaming service bundle comes from Disney.
Disney+ accumulated a whopping 10 million subscribers within its first 24 hours, making it a serious contender. Disney+ includes a wide array of content from old Disney classics to enticing original series and films from the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Star Wars. Hulu is a well-known brand praised for its quality documentaries, films and series as well as hosting its own original content. ESPN also has skin in the game with ESPN+, an abridged version of ESPN providing original sports coverage.
What’s included in the Disney+ bundle deal?
With the Disney+ bundle, you receive unlimited access to Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ for $12.99/mo. You’ll save $5/mo. by opting for the bundle instead of purchasing each separately. You’ll get access to on-demand entertainment like The Mandalorian, High School Musical and The Handmaid’s Tale, network television shows like Adult Swim’s Rick & Morty, Fox’s Family Guy and Comedy Central’s South Park, coverage of live events including college sports action, MLB games and UFC matches as well as exclusive original series commentary.
If you’re not a fan of ads, you can pay $18.99/mo. for the ad-free version of Hulu. Just keep in mind the signup process is a little different. First, you’ll need to sign up for Hulu with no ads then navigate to Disney+ and sign up for the bundle. Make to use the same email address for both transactions. You’ll receive a $5.99 credit from Disney every month, which in effect brings you to a total of $18.99/mo.
|Disney+||Hulu||ESPN+||Disney, Hulu, ESPN+ bundle|
|Number of simultaneous streams||4||2||3||4|
|Catalog||500+ films and 7,500+ episodes||1,000+ films and 85,000+ episodes||1000+ live sporting events and exclusive originals||100,000+ titles and live sports content|
|Ad-free||Yes||No||No||Only Disney+ content|
|Free trial length||7 days||30 days||N/A||N/A|
|Device compatibility||Android/iOS, desktop, smart TVs, smartphones and tablets||Android/iOS, desktop, smart TVs, smartphones and tablets||Android/iOS, desktop, smart TVs, smartphones and tablets||Android/iOS, desktop, smart TVs, smartphones and tablets|
|Upgrades||No||Ad-free Hulu, premium channels||No||No|
Content included in the bundle
With Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ combined, you get access to a ton of content. Disney+ gives you access to family-friendly shows and movies, Hulu has on-demand content that’s a bit more adult-oriented, and ESPN+ gives you a huge selection of live and on-demand sports programming.
Here’s a closer look at some of the content you get with this bundle:
- Disney+: Movies and TV episodes from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Nat Geo, FOX, and more. Highlights include Star Wars films (original trilogy, prequels, Rogue One, Force Awakens), most of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, The Simpsons, Toy Story 1-3, Cars, A Bug’s Life, The Incredibles, X-Men and Spider-Man animated series from the 90s, Boy Meets World, Darkwing Duck, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, Pinnochio, Bambi, The Lion King, High School Musical, original Disney+ content (The Mandalorian Star Wars series is the key here), and so much more. Check out our Disney+ review to learn more.
- Hulu: Tons of on-demand TV shows and movies, including Hulu original series (The Handmaid’s Tale, The Path, etc.), all of FX’s original series, recent episodes of network TV series, and much more. Go to our Hulu review to learn more.
- ESPN+: Live sports from UFC, MLB, MLS, World Soccer (UEFA, Serie A, EFL), Tennis (Wimbledon, Australian Open, US Open), NHL, College Football, College Basketball, NBA G League, and more; ESPN+ Originals (The Boardroom, Peyton’s Places, Sneaker Center, Detail, Dana White’s Contender Series, etc.); full 30 for 30 library, and more. Check out our ESPN+ review for more info.
Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ bundle device compatibility
Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ are all currently available on:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android devices
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- iOS devices
- LG smart TVs
- PlayStation 4
- Web browsers
- Xbox One
How to sign up for the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ bundle
The Disney+ bundle is available to everyone in the US and you just need access to Wi-Fi to get the service.
If you already have a Hulu or ESPN+ account but want the full bundle, you’ll need to cancel your current subscription first.
Here’s what the sign-up process looks like.
- Navigate to the Disney+ website.
- Select the bundle option including Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN+ by clicking Buy Now.
- Type your email address in the open field and hit Agree & Continue.
- Create a password and click Continue.
- Choose your payment option (credit card or Paypal) and fill out the highlighted fields. Click Agree and Subscribe.
The Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ bundle is a great option for families with content that appeals to both adults and children. If you’re searching for a service that offers Disney classics, network entertainment, sports and quality on-demand series, all for an affordable price, then this bundle will cover all your bases. But if you’re attached to a series from a competing service like Netflix or only drawn to two of the three services in the bundle, you might want to choose another option.