What better way to stream your favorite Disney movies and shows than on your TV screen? Disney Plus not only offers an impressive content library, but it also works with a wide range of devices. This includes your streaming media players and gaming consoles, as well as smart TVs. So you have several options to stream Disney+ content on a large screen for an optimal viewing experience.
You can even get Disney+ on Samsung Smart TV if that’s the TV you own or are planning to get. And you don’t have to jump through hoops and hurdles for this as you only need to download the Samsung TV Disney+ app. Even if your TV model doesn’t support Disney+, you can still find a workaround with casting devices, gaming consoles and streaming media players.
In this post, we show you how you can watch Disney+ on Samsung Smart TVs and what to do in case your TV model doesn’t support it.
What is Disney+?
Disney+ has taken the streaming world by storm as the exclusive service to house almost every Disney title that’s ever existed. It also boasts of the entire lineup from the Star Wars movie franchise as well as an impressive selection of Marvel and Pixar titles. And you get all this for just $6.99/mo. or $69.99/yr. if you go for the annual plan.
With your subscription, you even have the option to watch select titles in 4K. Plus, you’ll be able to stream Disney Plus from up to four devices at the same time. This comes in handy when you can’t agree on something to watch. Check out our Disney Plus review to learn more about what else the service offers.
Watch Disney+ on Samsung Smart TV
To stream Disney+ on Samsung Smart TVs, you’ll need a compatible TV model and a subscription to Disney+. Disney+ works with all Samsung TV models from 2016 or later. You can stream Disney+ on these TV models using the Samsung TV Disney+ app but not on the built-in web browser.
Keep in mind that Disney+ only supports Samsung TVs running the Tizen operating system. You won’t have the option to get the Samsung TV Disney+ app on the Orsay operating system.
The good news is, you can still find a workaround to watch Disney+ on Samsung Smart TV models that don’t support the app. Extra pieces of hardware such as casting devices, gaming consoles and streaming media players will let you watch Disney+ on non-compatible TV models.
How to subscribe to Disney+
On its own, Disney+ costs just $6.99/mo. or $69.99/yr. You can even bundle it with Hulu and ESPN+ for $12.99/mo. Unfortunately for those new to the service, you no longer have the option to get a Disney+ free trial at the time of writing this post.
- Step One: Go to the Disney+ website.
- Step Two: Select “Sign up for Disney+ only” if you just want the Disney+ subscription. Or click on the “Get all three” button to sign up for the bundle.
- Step Three: Provide your email address and click on “Agree & Continue.”
- Step Four: Create a password and “Continue.”
- Step Five: If you opted for the standalone Disney+ subscription and not the bundle, you’ll have the option to select whether you want the monthly or the annual plan. Choose the plan you want to get.
- Step Six: Enter your payment details, such as your credit card information or your PayPal email. Then click on the “Agree & Subscribe” button to complete the signup process. After this, you’ll be able to instantly start streaming your favorite Disney movies and shows with your Disney+ subscription.
How to download Disney+ on your Samsung Smart TV
If you have a compatible TV model, follow the steps below to download the Samsung TV Disney+ app:
- Step One: Make sure you have a reliable connection on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Step Two: Press the “Smart Hub” button on your Samsung Smart TV remote. This will bring up your TV Home screen.
- Step Three: Select “Apps” from your TV Home screen.
- Step Four: Select the search button on the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- Step Five: Use the on-screen keyboard to type “Disney+” into the search field and press “Enter” to select the app.
- Step Six: Select “Install” to add the Samsung TV Disney Plus app to your TV.
- Step Seven: Open the app and log in using your Disney+ credentials to start streaming.
Note that when you search for “Disney+” and it doesn’t appear in the results, it means that your TV isn’t compatible with the app. But you still have the option to connect an extra piece of hardware to stream the service on your TV.
How do I get Disney+ on an older Smart TV?
If you have a Samsung Smart TV from before 2016, you can still watch Disney Plus using a casting device, a gaming console or a streaming media player. Disney+ works with Chromecast, Fire TV devices, PS4, Roku players, Xbox One and more.
What’s the best smart TV to stream Disney+ on?
The best Smart TV for streaming Disney+ really depends on your personal preferences. Samsung Smart TVs are an excellent choice overall, offering great performance at a reasonable price. But if you want something that offers a minimal and straightforward interface, Roku Smart TVs may be a great option too. Alternatively, you can also find low-cost options from Insignia, TCL and VIZIO.
How do I log in to Disney+ on my Smart TV?
To log in to Disney Plus on your Smart TV, just select the Disney+ app from your Home screen or your apps list. Then enter your Disney+ credentials to start streaming Disney+ content.
Our hot take
Samsung Smart TVs offer a seamless way to access Disney Plus content and enjoy an exceptional streaming experience on a large screen. So it’s one of the best ways to stream Disney Plus, especially if effortlessness is your top priority.
At the same time, not everyone has the budget to get a Samsung Smart TV, while some may have older models that don’t support the Disney Plus app. If that’s the case, streaming media players offer a low-cost workaround to stream Disney Plus on your TV screen.