Are you curious to try out Disney+ to watch everything you can imagine that falls under the Disney umbrella, including Marvel and Star Wars? You may be concerned about the price, especially on top of any other streaming-service subscriptions, but you can get a Disney+ deal.
Disney+ offers a bundle deal that combines the streaming service with two other popular streamers, and you can also get Disney+ free with Verizon service. While there’s no Disney+ student discount at this time, there are other ways to save money when signing up for Disney+.
Disney+ currently costs $6.99 per month, but if you sign up for a full year, you’re only spending $69.99. However, there are ways to get Disney+ even cheaper than that. Here are the best ways you can get a Disney+ discount and enjoy this on-demand service.
To learn more about Disney+ and everything it has to offer, visit our full Disney+ review.
Disney+ free trial
Disney+ currently does not offer a free trial. When the streaming service launched, viewers were able to watch Disney+ free for seven days, however, that deal is no longer valid. It’s possible Disney+ will offer free trials again in the future, either coordinated with popular shopping times like Black Friday or around holidays like Christmas.
The seven-day free trial is on the shorter side for streaming services, though on par with others like CBS All-Access and Apple TV+. Giants like Netflix and Hulu both offer 30 days free before committing to pay the monthly subscription fee. Of all the large subscription-based streaming services, Disney+ is the only one that currently doesn’t offer a free trial.
If the Disney+ deal for a free trial comes back, that’s your best chance at deciding whether or not to invest in the streaming service. Take advantage of Disney+’s original content if you get a free trial. Shows like The Mandalorian and High School Musical: The Musical: The Series are incredibly popular and can only be watching on the streaming service.
Sign up for a Disney+ free trial below:
Disney+ offers one bundle deal, and Hulu offers a bundle deal that includes Disney+. The availability of bundle deals could change as the streaming service ages, adds more content and gains popularity.
Disney+, Hulu & ESPN+ bundle
- $12.99 per month
- Disney+, Hulu & ESPN+
- The bundle includes all Disney+ content (including Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and originals), all Hulu content with ads (including movies, TV shows and originals) and ESPN+’s live sports and original shows
- This Disney+, Hulu & ESPN+ bundle will save you a lot of money if you plan to use all three streaming services. In a year, you’ll spend just under $160, but if you bought all three streaming services separately, you’d have spent a little more than $190. However, if you think you won’t use Hulu or ESPN+ with your Disney+, it isn’t worth the bundle price. Purchasing Disney+ with Hulu will cost about $140 for a year. Purchasing Disney+ with ESPN+ will cost about $120 for a year. Either option will save money if you don’t think you’ll use the third streaming service.
- Sign up through Disney+
Disney+, Hulu Live & ESPN+ bundle
- $61.99 per month
- Disney+, Hulu Live & ESPN+
- The bundle includes all Disney+ content (including Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and originals), all Hulu content with ads (including movies, TV shows and originals), Hulu Live TV and ESPN+’s live sports and original shows
- This Disney+, Hulu Live & ESPN+ bundle will save you a lot of money if you plan to use all three streaming services and want live TV. In a year, you’ll spend a little over $700, but considering what you’d spend on each of the three streaming services separately (just under $800) plus cable, it’s definitely a discount.
- Sign up through Hulu
Other Disney+ deals and discounts
$14 off 1-year subscription to Disney+
- $69.99 for a year subscription
- Signing up for a year subscription rather than paying monthly will save money
- Disney+ costs $6.99 per month, but if you commit to a year, the price is $69.99, which is a savings of about $14. If you plan to watch Disney+ regularly, the savings is definitely worth it to commit to the whole year.
- Sign up for a 1-year Disney+ subscription
Verizon Disney+ deal
- Free with an unlimited data plan or 5G home internet service
- The Verizon Disney+ offer will save money on subscribing to Disney+ just by having your phone or internet service through Verizon
- You’ll spend nothing on Disney+ for an entire year, which saves you $69.99.
- Learn more about the Verizon Disney+ deal here
Our hot take
If you love Disney, Marvel and Star Wars, Disney+ is a great deal. If you sign up for a year at $69.99, it comes out to less than $5 per month to watch a huge variety of Disney content. Though there’s no Disney+ student discount or free trial, trying it for one month at only $6.99 will give you a good idea of whether or not to keep subscribing.
Disney+ is the only place you can stream Disney+ originals, and the streamer is also the only place you can stream most of Disney’s content now, as much of it has been pulled from other streaming platforms. If you find that Disney shows and movies aren’t what you watch most often — maybe you enjoy thrillers and true crime — then Disney+ isn’t the streaming service for you. As to be expected from Disney, the content is largely fun, positive and what you’d see on the Disney Channel.
If you have kids at home, this streaming service is a great idea, because it has a lot to offer for family viewing. But even if it’s just you and you love classics like 10 Things I Hate About You and Beauty and the Beast, and want to know everything about Star Wars’ The Mandalorian, check out Disney+ and make sure you use a Disney+ discount.