ABC is home to some of the most iconic programming in America. From College Bowl Games to NBA match ups to Grey’s anatomy, the programming on ABC is not to be missed. Until recently, you either had to shell out tons of money for cable, or concede to losing access to ABC and other broadcast networks. But no longer! Today, you can watch ABC online – keep reading to learn how you can watch ABC without cable TV!
Whether you’re in it for the live sports, breaking news, or ABC’s legendary original programming, the good news is this: It’s easier than ever to get an ABC live stream in an affordable manner. In fact, you might even be able to watch ABC free in some areas. Keep reading to learn more!
Watch ABC and much more with Hulu Live
50+ channels for live streaming, plus a huge on-demand library
Hulu Live is a popular online streaming service that lets you watch live TV without cable. It works on all your favorite devices, from streaming players to smartphones to computers. 50+ channels are included, as well as access to a massive on-demand library of hundreds of TV shows, movies and more. The entire plan costs just $55 a month, with no contract – and there’s even a free 7-day trial!
The most local coverage of any streaming service
Hulu Live is available nationwide, and local channels like ABC are available in most areas. Currently, Hulu Live offers ABC in 140+ markets – it has the widest coverage of ABC streaming by a good measure. Hulu also boasts impressive coverage for other local networks, like NBC, FOX and regional sports stations.
Here’s what newcomers should know about this service:
- $55 a month – no contract, no commitment, no hidden fees
- 50+ channels included (ABC, NBC, ESPN, CNN, FX, FOX News and many more!)
- Channels can be watched live, just like with cable
- There’s also a massive on-demand library of hit TV shows, movies and Hulu Originals
- Even more channels can be added for additional fees – including HBO and Showtime
- Hulu Live works on most devices, including Apple TV, Roku, iOS and Android devices, and more!
- You can stream on 2 devices simultaneously (good for families & roommates)
- Hulu Live includes a cloud DVR feature so you can record live TV!
- Try the service out for FREE for a week to get started!
For more details on the service, read through our Hulu review – or sign up for a free trial below!
Stream ABC online with AT&T TV NOW
Incredible selection of entertainment with huge channel bundles
AT&T TV NOW is one of the most established online streaming services. It also offers one of the most impressive selections of channels. The basic package has over 40 networks, while larger packs include up to 125+ channels to enjoy live! Prices range from $65 onward a month. The service gives users a cable-like experience, at a lower price.
Big selection and no hassle
AT&T TV NOW is a leader when it comes to overall channel selection – but what about local channels, like ABC? AT&T TV NOW’s coverage of local and regional channels is solid, but not quite as extensive as Hulu Live. ABC streaming is available in select areas (more than 70 markets currently). You can check during the signup process to make sure you’ll be able to use AT&T TV NOW to watch ABC online.
Here’s what you should know about AT&T TV NOW:
- Works over the internet – no satellite or cable needed!
- Works on devices including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, mobile devices and more
- 40 to 125+ channels available, depending on the package you choose
- Prices from $65 a month – no contract
- Watch ABC online (as well as other local channels) in select markets
- Stream on 2 devices at the same time
- Cloud DVR is included for recording live TV (20 hours free storage)
- Try AT&T TV NOW free for 7 days
Our AT&T TV NOW review has more information if you’d like to learn more.
Want to watch ABC online free for a week? Click here to try AT&T TV NOW’s free 7-day trial!
YouTube TV has ABC streaming live in 90+ markets
A fast growing newcomer to the streaming industry
YouTube TV is a relatively new streaming service, brought to us by Google. The service is now available in most major markets, but it’s not yet fully launched nationwide. It costs $40 a month and includes 50+ channels, including locals like ABC, NBC, FOX and more. Currently, YouTube TV offers the ABC live stream in more than 90 markets, which covers the bulk of major cities in America.
A new streaming platform with a lot to offer
YouTube TV is rapidly expanding, and launching in new cities just about every month. They chose to wait until they had secured streaming rights to the majority of local networks (like ABC, FOX, CBS, etc.) before launching in a particular market. While this has slowed their expansion, it’s also ensured that YouTube TV users have access to all the channels they want. So, if this service is available in your area, chances are you can use it to watch ABC online, as well as other local and national channels.
Here’s what everyone should know about this service:
- $40 a month with no contract or hidden fees
- 50+ channels including news, sports, entertainment and local networks
- There are some important channels missing, like Comedy Central, HGTV and Food Network
- Works on most devices, from streaming players to smartphones and computers
- There is some room for improvement in this new service
- Try YouTube TV free for 7 days
Watch ABC Sports online with Sling TV (sports only)
Ultra-affordable option for online streaming. ABC coverage is limited to sports programming only
Sling TV is an affordable streaming service that starts from just $25 a month. There are several packages available, and lots of opportunities to customize your channel lineup with add-on packages. ABC streaming is NOT included on Sling TV – however, any sporting event that airs on ABC will also air on ESPN3, which is available on Sling. Thus, fans looking to watch ABC sports online can use Sling – but you won’t be able to watch any other programs that air on ABC.
A budget-friendly streaming service
While Sling doesn’t offer as many channels as some competitors, it’s by far the most affordable option. At $25 a month, you can save a ton compared to cable TV. And it’s easy to add on more channels for as little as $5 a month, allowing you to customize your experience.
Here are the basics of Sling TV:
- Packages from $25 per month
- No contract or commitment
- Tons of add-on packages available for as little as $5 a month
- ABC is NOT included, but ABC-hosted sporting events are included on ESPN3
- There’s also lots of on-demand content to enjoy
- There’s a free 7-day trial available
Is ABC available on demand?
Most people want to watch ABC live stream to catch things as they air, but others may prefer to watch content on-demand.
Some ABC shows and programming are available on streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu. Hulu Live may be a good choice, because it offers both ABC live streaming and some on-demand content from the network.
Watch ABC free with an Antenna (select areas)
Did you know that you might be able to stream ABC for free? If you live within the range of your local ABC affiliate station, you might be able to pick the broadcast up using a digital antenna.
We recommend checking TVFool.com to see what networks are available in your area, and for recommendations on what range you might need in your antenna.
We’ve tested and reviewed several digital antennas. Here are our recommendations:
- Indoor Antenna (City Use) –Mohu Leaf 30
- Indoor Antenna (Long Range)–ClearStream Indoor/Outdoor Antenna w/ 70 mile range
- Outdoor Antenna (Max Range) –Winegard Platinum Series Long Range Outdoor Antenna
What shows & events air on ABC?
ABC is an iconic network with many great shows and regular programming offerings. Some highlights include: