The Derby is broadcast by ESPN, which means you’ll have quite a few good options to watch it live streaming. Even without cable, there are services that let you stream ESPN and plenty of other channels. The below guide lays out all your options, so keep reading to learn more.
Use Sling TV to Watch the Home Run Derby Online
Two of three packages include ESPN and other popular channels
One of the starting packages on Sling TV, “Sling Orange,” will let you stream the Home Run Derby without cable. The package only costs $25 per month and offers about 30 channels to live stream. These include ESPN, ESPN2, TBS, TNT, AMC, CNN, and much more. You can watch all of these either on your phone, tablet, computer or even right on your TV with a streaming device.
A Cheap Cable Replacement
If you have any questions on the service, you can get them answered in our Sling TV review. Also, if you’re thinking about signing up, check out the current deals from Sling TV for new subscribers. There’s also a great weeklong free trial, which you can also use to stream the Home Run Derby free.
Sling TV details:
- Prices for Sling Orange start at $25 per month
- Add bundle packages to your main package to get more channels
- Sling Orange offers ESPN, AMC, TNT, and other channels
- Check out current member specials
- Watch on Apple TV, Chromecast, computers, Roku, mobile devices, and Amazon Fire TV
- Get a free weeklong Sling TV trial
Watch the Home Run Derby Live Stream on Hulu Live
Stream it live or save it to your DVR
Hulu Live is a great option no matter what you want to watch. You’ll get over 60 channels ranging from local channels to ESPN, TNT, USA, FX, and many other channels. Hulu’s on-demand service is included with this package, as well. TV Everywhere apps like WatchESPN can also be used with your package. All of this is available for $45 per month.
Stream on Most Popular Streaming Devices
The included cloud-DVR features 50-hours of space. If you need more space, you can upgrade and get 200-hours. Streaming is possible on two devices at the same time. If you share your account, you can upgrade to stream on as many devices as you want. You can even make user profiles if you share your account. You can watch the Home Run Derby online using mobile devices, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and other devices. Check out more details in our Hulu Live review.
Hulu with Live TV highlights:
- 60+ channels for $45/month
- ESPN, FX, Disney, USA, TNT, and many other channels are included
- No contracts or hidden fees!
- Watch using Roku, Amazon Fire TV, mobile devices, Chromecast, Apple TV, and more
- Hulu on-demand is included with no additional charge
- 50-hours of cloud-storage comes with the cloud-based DVR
- Watch Hulu Live free for one week!
PlayStation Vue Also Lets You Watch the Home Run Derby Online
Take your pick of packages with 45+ channels
Sony’s streaming service PlayStation Vue is another great choice if you want to watch a Home Run Derby live stream. You can use the $45 per month starting package to get ESPN and a bunch more channels. There are around 50 in total including FS1, FS2, ESPN2, TBS, CNN, AMC, and much more. PlayStation Vue is another great choice to fully replace a cable subscription. This package also allows you to watch content with TV Everywhere apps or in the on-demand library.
Stream on Your PS3/PS4 or Another Device
Another great thing that comes with the starting package is a cloud DVR. You can watch the Home Run Derby online with the DVR, even if you can’t catch it live. There is a 28-day storage limit, so you can watch for about a month after. Learn more in our PlayStation Vue review or try it for yourself in the Vue’s 5-day free trial.
PS Vue details:
- Choose from four plans
- 45+ channels for $45/month
- An on-demand library is included
- TV Everywhere apps are compatible
- Stream on PS3/PS4 consoles, Roku, mobile devices, Apple TV, and other devices
- Watch on 5 devices at once
- 28-day storage comes with the cloud-DVR
- Use the PS Vue 5-day trial
Watch the Home Run Derby Online on DIRECTV NOW
Stream HBO and 40 other channels for $50
DIRECTV NOW is a streaming service from AT&T that’ll offer a Home Run Derby live stream. ESPN is one of the around 40 channels you can stream in DIRECTV NOW’s starting package. This starting package only costs $50 per month. Many channels are included from HBO to local channels in some areas. You’ll also have USA, TNT, Syfy, FX, and many other channels.
Watch HBO and 40 Other Channels
The varied channel offerings make DIRECTV NOW a decent option to replace your cable. You can take a look at the full DIRECTV NOW channels list to figure out all that you can watch on the service. You can cut the cord without missing all of your favorite programming. Also, if you watch to watch the Home Run Derby online free, you can start a 7-day free trial before the event.
DIRECTV NOW details:
- $50 a month or more for larger packages
- Start with over 40 channels
- Stream on Chromecast, mobile devices, Fire TV, Roku, and more
- No contracts
- A cloud-DVR is included offering limited space
- Don’t miss the DIRECTV NOW 7-day trial
YouTube TV Also Offers the Home Run Derby Live Stream
More than 70 channels are included
YouTube TV offers a great package with over 70 channels. Prices start at $50 a month. You’ll be able to watch ESPN, AMC, TNT, TBS, FX, Syfy, USA, and other channels. Local channels are included, too. WatchESPN and other TV Everywhere apps can be used, too. There’s also an on-demand library, which holds a wide variety of previously aired content.
Make User Profiles for the Family
The cloud-DVR comes with unlimited space, so you can save as many sports and shows as you want! You can make user profiles for those you share your account with, and you can stream on three devices at the same time! Apple TV, computers, Roku, Chromecast, mobile devices, and other streaming devices are compatible with YouTube TV. Our YouTube TV review can tell you more.
YouTube TV details:
- Packages with 70+ channels for $50 a month
- Some add-on channels are also available
- The on-demand library features plenty of content
- Unlimited storage is featured in the cloud-DVR
- Chromecast, Apple TV, computers, Roku, and mobile devices are all compatible
- Try out YouTube TV’s free trial