Whether you live in the Bay Area or not, you can definitely watch San Francisco 49ers live online all season long. Even if you don’t have cable, you’ll have some great options to stream NFL games. That’s because the cable-cutting market has expanded rapidly and now you’ll have plenty of choices to choose from to watch San Francisco 49ers games online.
ESPN, NBC, FOX and CBS are all channels which may be airing games during the year and the good news is that several streaming services give you access to these networks — no cable required. So grab your San Francisco 49ers schedule and check out the guide below to find out exactly how you can watch San Francisco 49ers games online without cable!
There are a few streaming services that stand out as the best options to watch San Francisco 49ers games, whether it’s because of the variety of channels offered or the price.
- Hulu + Live TV: Hulu + Live TV offers 60+ local channels in addition to Hulu, which means you’ll almost certainly have access to the games you want.
- Sling TV: Sling TV will give you access to 20+ channels and is pretty affordable, which means you’ll most likely have access to the games.
- fuboTV: fuboTV is great for sports fans because it offers a number of sports-specific channels.
How to watch the San Francisco 49ers with a VPN
Want to watch the San Francisco 49ers wherever you are and avoid network blackouts? Take it from us and get a Virtual Private Network (VPN) in addition to your live streaming service. Using a VPN is secure because it encrypts your personal data from hackers. It also masks your home’s exact location, meaning you can watch every game even if you’re out of market.
Pro tip: NordVPN is one of the most trusted and secure VPN services out there, with plans starting at less than $6/mo.
Streaming services to watch the San Francisco 49ers at-a-glance
|Streaming service||Price||Free trial?||Free trial length|
|Hulu Live TV||$54.99/mo.||Yes||7 days|
|Sling TV||$30/mo.||Yes||Unlimited free trial on select options|
|YouTube TV||$64.99/mo.||Yes||7 days|
|AT&T TV NOW||$55/mo.||Yes||7 days|
|CBS All Access||$5.99/mo.||Yes||7 days|
|Amazon Prime||$12.99/mo.||Yes||30 days|
|NFL Game Pass||$99/season||Yes||7 days|
How to live stream the San Francisco 49ers
There are a number of ways to stream San Francisco 49ers games online without having cable. We’re breaking down the basics for each app and streaming service, including what they offer and what they cost.
Watch the San Francisco 49ers on Hulu + Live TV
Hulu Live includes 60+ networks and access to both ESPN and many local channels. Local access is dependent on your location, but you can still use the sports and TV Everywhere apps to sign in to the network and watch your show or game live or on-demand.
As you might have already guessed, Hulu’s on-demand service is included with Hulu Live. You’ll have access to all of your favorite parts of Hulu with the addition of live television. The monthly fee starts at $54.99 but could cost more with the additions of add-on channels and upgrades. Read our review of Hulu Live.
Hulu Live details:
- Hulu Live is free for seven days
- $54.99 per month with 60+ channels and the Hulu on-demand library
- No cancellation fees
- Cloud-DVR with 50 hours of storage space
- Stream on mobile devices, Roku, Fire TV, Chromecast and more
- TV Everywhere apps can be used for added TV
Sign up for the Hulu Live trial for another way to learn more.
Watch the San Francisco 49ers on Sling TV
Sling TV may let you watch 49ers games online. You can watch NBC and FOX live in certain areas and on-demand nationwide. These come in the “Sling Blue” package for $30 per month. Sling TV Orange, which is also $30 per month, offers ESPN. Naturally, if you want to watch the NFL each week, both packages would be beneficial. That’s why Sling TV offers a chance to combine these packages at a reasonable rate of $45 per month.
Sling TV offers dozens of channel add-ons, if you want a larger package. DVR access doesn’t come with your membership but can be added for a small monthly fee. You can watch Sling TV on Roku, mobile devices, Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV and more. You can get more information in our Sling TV review or try and watch a San Francisco 49ers game streaming free while you peruse the site. Sling TV offers unlimited free watching on some content but to gain full access, you have to commit to a subscription.
Sling TV details:
- $30/month for one of the basic packages or both of them for $45/month
- Stream on Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, mobile devices and more
- Check for current deals for new subscribers
- Watch Sling TV live streaming or on-demand
- Add channel bundles for an inexpensive way to get the channels you want
- No contracts
- Watch Sling TV free before committing
Watch the San Francisco 49ers on fuboTV
fuboTV is a great way to get a San Francisco 49ers game live stream. In the Bay Area, you’ll get both FOX and CBS live streaming on the service for just $64.99 per month. Plus, there are more than 95 other channels in the fuboTV channel package. There’s a heavy focus on sports networks, which makes this a great streaming option for sports fans. This service now offers ESPN and many other sports channels.
fuboTV includes a cloud-based DVR with 30 hours of storage. You can upgrade to 500 hours of space for an additional monthly fee. You’ll be able to stream Fubo TV on Apple TV, computers, mobile devices and more. Learn more when you read our Fubo TV review.
- The smallest package you can get starts at $64.99/mo.
- No hidden fees – cancel when you want
- Stream on most devices from mobile to Roku and more
- Watch fuboTV free for a week
- Stream sports 24/7!
You can even watch San Francisco 49ers online free with fuboTV’s seven-day free trial.
Watch the San Francisco 49ers on YouTube TV
YouTube TV offers local channel access to a majority of markets. Actually, YouTube TV comes in second after Hulu Live in being able to offer the most local coverage across the country. Along with some form of local access you’ll also have ESPN, AMC, FX, Cartoon Network, CW and more.
YouTube TV also features a cloud-based DVR, which is one of the most popular features YouTube TV offers. Another popular feature is YouTube TV’s mobile interface, which takes streaming on-the-go to the next level. With YouTube TV you can stream on computers, Apple TV, Roku and many other devices. Our YouTube TV review is one more way to learn more. Don’t forget you’re able to try YouTube TV during a free week trial.
YouTube TV details:
- $64.99 every month
- Don’t forget your free seven-day trial
- 70+ channels including local networks
- Works with most streaming devices
- Mobile app is a popular way to stream
- Cloud-based DVR comes with a 9-month recording hold and unlimited storage
Watch the San Francisco 49ers on AT&T TV NOW
AT&T TV NOW could let you watch a San Francisco 49ers game live stream in its $55 per month starting package. Regardless of where you live, you’ll get ESPN games live, while NBC and FOX games are available live in select areas. If you don’t catch it live, you can watch on-demand nationwide or you might be able to get live access using TV Everywhere apps. There are around 40 channels in the AT&T TV NOW channel package.
If you want more channels, AT&T TV NOW offers packages with as many as 100 channels or more. In addition to live content, you’ll also have a full on-demand library and your own DVR. You can watch AT&T TV NOW on mobile devices, Chromecast, Roku, Fire TV and more. You can also watch San Francisco 49ers online free with AT&T TV NOW’s 7-day free trial! Take a minute to learn more with our AT&T TV NOW review.
AT&T TV NOW details:
- 40 channels starting at $55/month
- Multiple packages options are available
- Stream on mobile devices, Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV and more
- Some TV Everywhere apps can be used with your AT&T TV NOW login
- A cloud-based DVR is included
- Watch on two screens simultaneously or add a third
- Get your free AT&T TV NOW trial!
Watch the San Francisco 49ers on CBS All Access
CBS All Access will let you live stream everything your local CBS affiliate is broadcasting for $5.99 per month. That means on Sundays you can watch whatever NFL games come on CBS. This might not be as helpful for you as a service offering multiple channels, but you could watch a 49ers game online if it does come on the network. You can learn more about this service in our CBS All Access review.
CBS All Access offers the live stream channel all day long. It also gives you access to the CBS on-demand library. You can watch CBS All Access on most streaming and mobile devices including computers, Roku, Chromecast, Fire TV and more.
CBS All Access details:
- Prices start at $5.99 a month
- Get the CBS live stream in your local area
- Use the on-demand library to watch new and old CBS shows
- Stream using mobile devices, Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV and more
- Try the CBS All Access free for seven-days
Watch the San Francisco 49ers on Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime has partnered with the NFL to allow for Prime members to watch a free simulcast of Thursday Night Football each week. You can watch Prime Video titles and TNF on Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, mobile devices, Apple TV and more. Our Amazon Prime Video review is a good place to look with questions. You can also sign up for the Amazon Prime month-long trial!
Amazon Prime Video details:
- Prices are either $119 a year or $12.99 a month
- Membership benefits include free shipping, an on-demand library of movie and TV shows, Amazon Originals, a music library and more
- Get TNF with your package
- Stream using mobile devices, Roku, Fire TV, gaming consoles, some smart TVs, etc.
- Try Amazon Prime free for a month
How to stream the San Francisco 49ers on-demand without cable
There is another option to potentially catch San Francisco 49ers games without cable and that’s on demand. On-demand options are limited, because not everyone offers NFL games and not everyone carries 49ers games. You do have an on-demand option, though. Check it out.
- NFL Game Pass
Watch the San Francisco 49ers on NFL Game Pass
NFL Game Pass streams every NFL game, so it could be a good way to watch the San Francisco 49ers without cable. Whether or not this service will work for you will depend on whether or not you want to watch the football game live. Unfortunately, NFL Game Pass does not allow you to live stream regular season games.
The condensed game feature allows you to watch the entire game from start to finish in less than an hour. You can watch NFL Game Pass on a number of different streaming devices. These include mobile devices, as there are no mobile restrictions that will prohibit on-the-go streaming. Are you living abroad and still want to watch the NFL this season? If so, you can check out NFL Game Pass Europe or NFL Game Pass for the rest of the world depending on your location. Learn more in our NFL Game Pass review.
NFL Game Pass details:
- Pay $99 for the year or four $30 monthly payments
- International NFL Game Pass plans are also available
- Stream on most devices including Chromecast, Roku and mobile devices
- Regular season games are available on-demand
- Get former seasons and other football-related content in the on-demand library
- Try NFL Game Pass free for a week
Our hot take
As a cord cutter, you have plenty of options for watching San Francisco 49ers games. If you already subscribe to any of these streaming services, you can even think of this as a way to live stream San Francisco 49ers games for free — because you were already paying for the service! Hulu Live TV and YouTube TV are going to be two of the best options for channel variety, but Sling TV will give you a good price. Check out how easy it’ll be for you to watch football all year by heading over to our NFL streaming guide. Or, take a look at our full sports watching guide for cable cutters!