This year you can catch the AMA live stream on ABC. The show will air live on Sunday evening starting at 8 p.m. ET. ABC is a local channel. This means that you don’t need cable to watch it. You can take your pick between watching the American Music Awards streaming online or using a digital antenna. Either option is a low-cost alternative to cable.
Watch the American Music Awards Online with Hulu Live
Stream TV live and on-demand without cable
Hulu with Live TV is a popular streaming service that works as an alternative to cable. You might know Hulu’s on-demand service. This package includes all of that on-demand content and adds over 60 live channels to the mix. Hulu offers local channels to more homes than most services. This means there’s a good chance you’ll be able to stream the AMAs live. If you’re in an area that does not receive ABC live, you may be able to watch the AMAs online on-demand or through the ABC TV Everywhere app. Prices are currently $45 per month, though they are going up to $55 in December.
Plenty of Entertainment, Live and On-Demand
Hulu Live offers plenty of room for customization. You can enjoy live or on-demand TV. More channels are available, if you want to add movie channels to your lineup. There’s a cloud-DVR with 50-hours of space or you can upgrade for more. The standard subscription allows you to stream on two devices simultaneously. An upgrade gives you access to stream on unlimited devices at the same time. You can stream the American Music Awards on Apple TV, smart TVs, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, mobile devices, and more.
Hulu with Live TV highlights:
- $45 a month, with a planned price increase to $55/month in December
- No contracts
- 60+ channels
- Hulu on-demand is included
- Local channels are available in most areas
- A variety of package upgrades are available
- Watch the AMAs online with Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, mobile devices, computers, and more
- A cloud-DVR is included with the option to upgrade the storage space
- You can try Hulu Live FREE for a week
Check out our Hulu review to learn more!
YouTube TV is Another Great Way to Watch the American Music Awards Online
A great mobile app, 70+ channels, and much more
YouTube TV is one of the newer live streaming services, but they are making a splash for their great channel lineup and their popular package features. Packages start at $50 per month for over 70 channels. Each area that has YouTube TV gets at least a few local channels. This means that most people should have access to ABC. You can also watch content on-demand after it airs. Another option is to use TV Everywhere apps.
A Popular Service at a Fair Price
You’ll be able to watch the AMAs online with most streaming devices. One of the most popular options with YouTube TV is the mobile app. You can also stream on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, computers, and other devices. Streaming is possible on three devices at the same time. You can even make user profiles for the family, so all content is kept organized.
YouTube TV details:
- $50 per month
- YouTube TV is a contract free service
- 70+ channels offering local content, sports, general entertainment, and more
- Watch on iOS/Android, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and more
- The cloud-based DVR is included and offers unlimited space
- Try YouTube TV free for 7 days
For more info, read our YouTube TV review.
Use AT&T TV NOW to Stream the AMAs Online
Stream local channels based on location in all packages
AT&T TV NOW used to be known as DIRECTV NOW. Despite the name change, the service hasn’t changed much over the years. You don’t need cable or a satellite dish to use AT&T TV NOW, it’s a complete streaming service. Multiple packages are available. The first package offers 40+ channels for $65 per month. Local channels are available in each package, though they are available based on location. If you’re in an area with an ABC live stream, you can watch the AMAs online in the on-demand library after they air. You could also watch using TV Everywhere apps.
A Cloud-DVR is Limited, but Included
AT&T TV Now costs a bit more than other services. Each package offers a selection of popular channels. Some packages even include HBO in the lineup. You can stream the American Music Awards on Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, mobile devices, and more. A cloud-DVR is also included, though only 20-hours of space is included.
AT&T TV NOW highlights:
- Stream on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, mobile devices, etc.
- 40+ channels to start with more available
- HBO is available in some packages
- Local channels are based on location
- Prices from $65 a month
- Try AT&T TV NOW free for 7 days
To learn more, check out our full AT&T TV NOW review.
Watch the American Music Awards Streaming with a Digital Antenna
As ABC is a local channel, you can pick up your local affiliate with a digital antenna. If you don’t own an antenna, you’ll find that it provides a cheap way to watch local channels without cable. In fact, once you pay for the antenna, you should be able to watch for free! You can visit TVFool.com to see what stations are available in your area and which antenna would be best for your needs.
If you’re ready to pick up an antenna, here are some recommendations:
- Mohu Leaf 30 – great for indoor and city use
- ClearStream Indoor/Outdoor Antenna w/ 70-mile range – works indoors or outdoors and offers a longer range
- Winegard Platinum Series Long Range Outdoor Antenna – this outdoor antenna gets you channels in your area and neighboring areas
Do you still have questions on how to watch the American Music Awards online? If so, feel free to leave us your questions in the comments.