Fans of sports teams in the greater New York City area have a dedicated channel to tune into for watching their favorite teams — the YES Network. This network airs games and shows for the New York Yankees of MLB, Brooklyn Nets of the NBA, New York Liberty of the WNBA and New York City FC of MLS.
In addition to these primary teams, the YES Network schedule includes ACC football, men’s and women’s basketball and other sports; Big East Conference men’s and women’s basketball; English Premier League; FA Cup; and UEFA Champions League games.
If you live in the New York area and you’re a fan of these teams, you’ll be pleased to know that, in addition to cable, you have a couple of options to watch the YES Network live stream without cable. Keep reading to learn how to watch the YES Network live without cable.
- Hulu + Live TV: gives you plenty of opportunities to watch most of your favorite shows. In addition to the YES Network, more than 65 channels are included, along with Hulu’s on-demand service and a cloud-based DVR. Get seven days free.
- A&T TV Now: gives you access to the YES Network, along with more than 45 other channels in the most cable-like environment. Includes a 500-hour cloud DVR. Get one week free.
Streaming services to watch the YES Network at-a-glance
|Streaming service||Price||Free trial?||Free trial length|
|AT&T TV Now||$55/mo.||Yes||One week|
|Hulu + Live TV||$55/mo.||Yes||One week|
How to live stream the YES Network
There is no YES Network app, but there are two streaming options for the network. These are quite different in terms of the monthly rate, so the choice may come down to your budget. You can watch the YES Network live stream on:
- Hulu + Live TV
- AT&T TV Now
Watch the YES Network on Hulu + Live TV
Hulu on-demand adds thousands of hours of content.
For $55 a month, Hulu + Live TV comes with more than 65 live channels and then adds in all of Hulu’s on-demand content. You can also add movie channels for an additional fee. For sports fans, depending on your location, you’ll be able to watch the YES Network live, along with many other sports channels, such as several ESPN channels, CBS Sports Network, NBC Sports Network, FS1, FS2, the SEC Network and more. Local channels are also included in many areas.
Watch popular content live and on-demand.
In addition to Hulu’s large on-demand library, you can record your favorite shows and games on the 50-hour cloud DVR that can be upgraded to 200 hours for an additional fee. You’ll also be able to use TV Everywhere apps for many of the channels You can stream on two devices at the same time, but this can also be upgraded to unlimited devices simultaneously at home and three devices when you’re away from your home internet. You can watch the YES Network on Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, mobile devices, computers, gaming consoles and more.
Hulu + Live TV highlights:
- Costs $55 a month for more than 65 channels
- Massive on-demand library with more than 80,000 TV episodes and movies
- More local channel access than other services
- DVR comes with 50 hours of storage, upgradable to 200
- Watch on two screens simultaneously
- Create up to six user profiles
- Cancel whenever you want — no hidden fees or contracts
- Try Hulu + Live TV FREE for a week
Check out our Hulu review to learn more.
Watch the YES Network on AT&T TV Now
Multiple packages starting with more than 45 channels.
The base package for AT&T TV Now is $55 a month and gives you more than 45 channels. Unfortunately, the YES Network is not included in that package. However, you can watch the YES Network live in five of AT&T TV Now’s packages, with rates starting at $80 per month for the Max package. This plan includes the YES Network, other regional sports networks, local channels based on location and other channels ranging from TNT to HBO. You’ll also have access to an on-demand library filled with some of the most popular content that has already aired live.
Looks and feels like cable.
For people new to cutting the cord and want to keep the familiarity of cable, AT&T TV Now may be the way to go. It is the most like cable of all the streaming services. The service also includes use of many popular TV Everywhere apps. You’ll also get a cloud DVR with 500 hours of storage, giving you plenty of room to keep your favorite shows. You can watch YES Network on Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, computers, Amazon Fire TV and more.
AT&T TV Now highlights:
- Starts at $80 a month for packages with the YES Network
- Choose from multiple packages to customize your experience
- Stream content live or on-demand
- Cloud DVR features 500 hours of storage space
- Lots of sports channels available, including ESPN, FS1, FS2, Golf Channel, NBC Sports Network and more
- Watch on smart TVs, computers, mobile devices, Roku, Amazon Fire TV and more
- HBO is included in some packages
- Similar to cable in appearance and use
- Try AT&T TV Now free for seven days
Learn more in our AT&T TV Now review.
Our hot take
While there are only two streaming options for the YES Network, both offer plenty of other channels, giving you the option to use them as your primary source of sports and entertainment viewing.